IMEU Position Announcement:
Location: Orange County/Los Angeles area preferred (NYC/DC considered)
Hours: Full-time, Work from Home
Salary: $50,000 - $65,000 (depending on experience) & excellent benefits
The Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU) is an independent 501c3 nonprofit that educates audiences in the US about Palestine and Palestinians through media. We do this by offering mainstream US media access to facts, analysis and experts in order to help them cover the issue with accuracy and depth, and by creating and disseminating original videos, photo essays, and other content.
About the role
The Operations Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining IMEU’s operations, finance and HR systems in order to ensure IMEU runs smoothly, team members feel supported, and the organization is compliant with best practices, policies, and procedures. The successful candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver who understands the importance of building strong systems and processes to ensure the smooth running of the organization. The Operations Manager reports to IMEU’s Executive Director.
- Ensure IMEU’s finance operations are maintained and improved as needed and that operational arrangements are in place to support IMEU’s accounting, budgetary and finance reporting systems
- Work closely with IMEU’s Executive Director to develop the annual budget and produce regular financial reports
- Coordinate day-to-day finance operations, including processing deposits, invoices and reimbursements; ensure invoices are approved and paid on time
- Support annual audit in close coordination with part-time accountant
- Ensure filing compliance with federal & state requirements
- Provide information to support funding applications, and as required by funders
- Work with Development Director to send timely tax letters to all IMEU donors
- Manage staff payroll and benefits enrollment; be the primary contact with benefits providers and assist staff with questions
- Work with IMEU Directors to design and implement a people strategy, ensuring regular check-ins with staff and management of workloads and workplans
- Coordinate personal development & professional training for team members
- Coordinate recruitment processes for staff positions with relevant team members; help ensure effective recruitment and retention of IMEU staff; support in orientation processes for new staff and volunteers, reviewing & building on our Employee Handbook
- Ensure that IMEU complies with the legal employment obligations of nonprofits
- Manage all leases and contracts for services
- Lead planning and execution of annual staff retreat
- Organize, maintain, and optimize virtual and physical filing system
- Manage incoming emails sent to the IMEU general email account and IMEU’s communications and recipient lists via Create/Send software
- Maintain IMEU’s website, calendars and subscription databases
- Coordinate flights, hotels, supplies for IMEU fundraising events and work with IMEU’s Development team on mailing gifts, preparing donor materials, researching desired vendors or software
Support to Executive Director
- Schedule and provide support for Board, Leadership Circle and staff meetings
- Assist with onboarding and orienting new Board members
- Assist the with production of regular reports to the Board & Leadership Circle
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, including scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reports, etc.
- At least four years experience working in an HR, operations, administrative and/or finance position
- Excellent organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to develop efficient processes and systems
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office Software and Quickbooks
- Working knowledge of CRMs/databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage up
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills, anticipating issues and offering solutions
- Proactiveness in developing the role and working remotely
- A good sense of humor!
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle; willingness to travel locally for occasional admin needs
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Applications missing either of the above will not be considered.
Applications preferred by May 13, but will be considered until this position is filled.
Salary is based on experience. Excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan, wellness stipend and generous vacation leave.